miércoles, 29 de septiembre de 2010

Past Tenses

Past Simple
We use it to talk about:
·         events or actions in the past which have completely finished:
-          I spent a fortnight in Cornwall with my family.
·         things that happened repeatedly in the past:
-          We went to London every weekend last year.
Past continuous
We use it to talk about:
·         action in progress at a specific moment in the past:
-          You were sitting on the bus.
·         action that takes place over a period of time in the past:
-          While I was working my sister was watching TV.

Past Perfect Simple
We use it to talk about:
·         action taking place before a certain time in the past:
-          Before I came here, I had spoken to Jack.
Used To
·         Affirmative: I/He/She/It/You/We/They + used to + infinitive.
-          She used to love eating sweets.
·         Negative: I/He/She/It/You/We/They + didn’t use to + infinitive.
-          I didn’t use to like coffe.
·         Questions: Did + I/He/She/It/You/We/They + use to + infinitive ?
-          Did you use to live here?
Be or get used to
·         We form be used to wich be + used to + -ing.
-          I’m used to getting up early
·         We form be used to wich get + used to + -ing.
-          He got used to walking everywhere
·         We can use be and get in different tenses, but used to never changes.
-          He will get used to being famous

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario