lunes, 25 de octubre de 2010

Future forms

Present Continuous for future use
We use the present continuous to talk about short term plan or arrangements.
-I’m doing my homework tonight
Future Continuous
We use it to talk about:
·         Take place over a period of time.
-          I’ll be visiting my grandmother.
·         Have already been planned.
-          We’ll be leaving on day after Christmas.
Future Perfect Simple
We use it to talk about something that will be completed by a specific moment in the future:
·         Affirmative
-          I/he/she/it/we/you/they +will + have + past participle
-          I’ll have been here for six hours.
·         Negative
-          I/he/she/it/we/you/they + won’t + have + past participle
-          She won’t have arrived yet.
·         Questions
-          Will + I/he/she/it/we/you/they + have + past participle
-          Will you have finished by midday?

Will
We use it to:
·         Make predictions or give opinions about the future.
-          It will be really hot this summer
·         Express spontaneous decisions made at the moment of speaking.
-          I think I’ll read this book next.

Going to
We use it to:
·         Talk about our plans and intentions.
-          I’m going to see Shakira at the Arena tonight
·         Make predictions based on evidence at the time of speaking.
-          The sky is clear. The weather is going to be nice.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario